The Tongue is an often ignored, but most interesting organ of the human body. Apart from its functions, some wow facts of the tongue should be paid attention to.
The color of the tongue reflects our health. To cite– if the color of the tongue is pinkish, it indicates a clean mouth and a good health. On the contrary, if the tongue is pale or yellowish, it symbolizes ill health. Moreover, a pale tongue means that a thin layer of bacteria is present in the mouth. You might have noticed that Doctors and physicians examine a patient’s health firstly by checking the color of their tongue because as stated earlier, it provides easy information regarding a person’s well being or illness.
* The human tongue is home to millions of taste buds which identify the taste of the food we eat, whether it is sweet, bitter or sour.
* The tongue is the strongest, and at the same time the most sensitive muscle of the human body.
* An average person has 10,000 taste buds, of which 2,000 are present below the tongue.
* Bad breath comes from 600 different types of bacteria present in our mouth; a drop of saliva contains 1 million of those bacteria. Our tongue is moist because of the saliva which is responsible for bad breath.
* Our tongue is capable of healing faster than any other muscle in the human body.
* In case the tongue is dry, it will not sense any taste. Sour tastes are speedily recognized as salts dissolve in our saliva the earliest.
* The human tongue is the only muscle that works without any support from the skeleton system.
* The tongue is similar to the properties of the fingerprints. Each person has an unique tongue.
However, we never really pay any attention to the importance of tongue in our lives. It can be considered that the way a tongue functions is nothing less than “scientific art”.